5.21.2012

DIY Kitchen Towels

On the hunt for a simple, spring DIY project this weekend I grabbed the following at Walmart:


Flour Sack Towels: $1.97 for two
Acrylic Paint: $0.97
Paint Brush Set: $3.97 for eight brushes
Stencils (not pictured, those things don't lend themselves to photography): $2.50

Total cost: $9.41 (and really much less per project, because I bought a bunch of brushes and have stencils and paint to spare!)

I returned home, got a diet coke on ice, and made this:



Fun to mix it up in the kitchen and I'm thinking of making these as personalized hostess gifts! How about a monogram??

I also sprayed a little finish when the paint dried, and time will tell if these towels need a gentle cycle treatment or handwashing to keep the design. Hopefully that dragonfly will hold on tight. And if not, they're so easy and fun - I'll make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment