6.05.2012

I accept this rose.

Despite being an active reality tv watcher, former sorority member, and overall snark - I have never watched a Bachelor or Bachelorette season...until now.

Photo credit: ABC.com

Thanks to the sweet, inclusive gesture of a grad school friend, I have belatedly joined an active group of Bachelor and Bachelorette watching ladies. A group that has grown a fairly substantial following for its Twitter accounts of the series. They have been welcoming and hilarious, and I've rapidly grown to love the show. It's the kind of thing that you'd never watch alone, but in a group, it's suddenly fascinating. Like the Olympics. Of dating. (Let's be real. You are not watching Olympic volleyball at home after work. You're eating cheese and watching Four Weddings on TLC. Even though it is... So. Bad.)

Photo credit: Zap2It


From what I understand, I've come upon an unusual season for my first experience. We love Emily (the Bachelorette). Apparently you usually either sort of hate or are lulled to sleep by the main character in this whole ordeal. Emily is obviously well-trained in the art of withstanding awkward moments and sustaining brutal conversation. And she is also impressive in her honesty. Is she absolutely tiny with blond hair, a $350K+ wardrobe and obvious veneers? Yep. But I totally want to go with her for a ride in a golf cart at the beach with a tumbler of wine and giggle about nothing. She seems genuine and hopeful. I'd be impressed even if she wasn't also a full time single mom.

Photo credit: RyanSeacrest.com

The men, though... There are ones with potential. There are also those who appear to be wearing Bump-Its. And no one, I mean no one, wears undershirts on this show.

Possible male Bump-It:
Photo credit: US Magazine

And truth be told, I am a believer in the mantra that you can meet the "one" anywhere. I don't think the "how we met" story foretells the ending. I met my boyfriend in a quasi-strange way that could elicit an eyebrow raise.  So, whatever. Go on a weird tv show and try to meet someone. Worst case, you break up and power through just like you have every other break up. Doing it all on camera might seem masochistic, but to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment